Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sweet Kuzhi Paniyaram

Sweet Kuzhi Paniyaram

Sweet kuzhi Paniyaram


I have been a great fan of paniyaram since my childhood.. In the street corners of our native ,they used to sell vadai, paniyaram, aappam, in  the mornings,.An old lady sells those for about 30 years in our street and even now.. When I get a prize in our school, my dad used to ask me, what gift I wants from him ..I will say, I want paniyaram daddy.. lol!! ' Food is always everything for me'.. 

In those times, I used to think that making paniyaram is always a big thing.. and I learnt this recipe very first when i started cooking... here is the recipe..


sweet kuzhi paniyaram



 Ingredients: 



For Batter: 

Idli rice                                         - 1 cup
Paccharisi ( Raw rice)                 - 1 cup
Urad dhal                                     - 1/4 cup
Javvarisi ( Sago)                          - 1/4 cup
vendhayam ( fenugreek seeds)   - 2 tsp
Salt                                              - very little 


Others:

Gingelly Oil                                  - as required
Palm Jaggery                               - 2-2.5 cups  (Karupatti)
Chopped Coconut                       - a handful


Procedure: 


  • Soak everything under 'For Batter' for at-least 5 hours. Then grind it. Let the batter ferment for the whole night.
  • Grate Palm Jaggery.. Add little water to palm jaggery in a sauce pan and let it boil.
  • Boil it till palm jaggery melts and filter it using a strainer.
  • Add palm jaggery extract to the batter. Add chopped coconut to the batter.
  • Heat a paniyaram pan.. Add Gingely oil to it.
  • When its hot, add batter.. When the paniyaram is cooked on one side, slightly flip it to the other side.
  • Remove from heat when its cooked on both sides and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment