Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thinai Arisi Dosai (Foxtail Millet Dosai)

Thinai Arisi Dosai I have been receiving a number of queries from our Blog followers regarding Millet recipes. I am hearing that Many of their family members didn't prefer to eat millets and they requested me to help on it. The basic reason why most of the people don't like  Millets is because of its peculiar taste; I would suggest to include the millets  in the form of  Dosai, Idli , Uthapam or Paniyaram instead of preparing pongal or variety rice with it.  This method has worked for us and I bet your family members too will  love it.

Last week i had prepared Batter for Rice Idli ; The batter looked very odd and whitish to me. I was worried what went wrong and suddenly it came to my mind that its been a long time I had prepared Rice Idli batter. Since everyone in our home including my kid started liking millets, I never thought  of Rice Idli or Dosai. Millets Idli and Dosai have replaced our Rice Idli and Dosai Try this method... It is one of the best ways to include millets in your diet.

Today's recipe is tasty Thinai Arisi Dosai..


thinai arisi dosai


Yields : 25 Dosai


Preparation Time : 5 minutes + Time for Grinding and Fermentation


Ingredients:


Thinai Arisi        - 1 cup  (Foxtail Millet)
Idli Rice              - 1 cup
Urad Dal             - 1/2 cup
Toor Dal             - 1 tsp
Channa Dal         - 1 tsp
Salt                      - As required
Gingely Oil         - As required


Procedure:

  • Soak Thinai arisi,idli rice,urad dal, toor dal and channa dal for atleast 4 - 5 hrs.
  • Then grind it along with salt. Let the batter ferment overnight or at-least for 8 hours.
  • After batter has fermented, Heat a dosai pan.. Grease it with oil.. add the batter to the pan and expand it like Dosai.. Apply oil to it.. Once both sides are done, remove from the flame and serve it!!!
  • Serve it hot with sambar and Chutney of your choice.
  • I served it with Tomato Thokku.

No comments:

Post a Comment